Monday, February 22, 2010

Lucky Me and Kitchen Products

I was answering a question about freezer paper stencils in the comments when I realized I could make a post out of it! A short one anyway. Here are a couple of tutorials that I like. There are loads out there.

What is so slick about freezer paper is that if you iron it onto fabric the wax melts and adheres to the fabric so the lines look really sharp. The paint doesn't bleed underneath. They are only usable once though. :(

As for transferring embroidery patterns the neatest thing I've heard about is using Glad's Press and Seal. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it sounds like it would work great.

I'm having some good luck lately. Over at Consciously Frugal I did not win the Made in America dishcloths, but felt good about it because she is sending everyone who wanted one a Your Money or Your Life book. Looks like a good book. A book has the potential to change your life. The most a dishcloth can aspire too, no matter how good it is, is to clean your kitchen.

Then at Our Daily Green Kim decided to give away 3 Preserve toothbrush subscriptions instead of just one. Everyone's a winner! I'll get free toothbrushes for a year! Barry will just have to go find his own! On second thought, that might not be such a good idea...I know he would never even realize he was using the same toothbrush for a year.

Finally, I just sold $50 worth of yarn on my Etsy shop! That certainly made my week. Makes me want to sit down at my spinning wheel again. Too bad I don't have any fiber prepped. Unless I wanted to spin white fiber(which is boring) I need to either dye some or card some. I had a wild desire to just order some on Etsy, like it would get here quicker than I could dye my own. Just because I have the money doesn't mean I should spend it.

PS. I just won an ebook over at Chris's. I hope my lucky streak continues for just a little longer! I have something in mind for it!

3 comments:

ConsciouslyFrugal said...

DUDE! Thanks for the tutorial! I'm going to have to figure that out, 'cuz it's way cool.

Isn't being a WINNAH! grand? :) Congrats on the yarn sales. Tres awesome!

Chris said...

Here's wishing you more luck! :D

Charity said...

Thanks for the tutorials, this is something I've been wanting to try! Your Money or Your Life is a great book - very inspiring.