Thursday, October 4, 2007

Book meme

I copied and pasted this from someone's knitting blog, if you remember let me know!

  • 1. Hardcover or paperback, and why? either, unless it is a book I know I'll reread a lot, then I prefer hardcover
  • 2. If I were to own a book shop, I would call it... I have no idea, and if I thought about it, it would take forever, because it would have to be just right!
  • 3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is... The one I can remember is Glorfindol (sp) saying "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." about Gandalf from LotR of course
  • 4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be... Well, Tolkien, Anne McAffery, or right now probably Robert Jordan
  • 5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be... an omnibus of Lord of the Rings, or omnibus of all the Hitchhiker books
  • 6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that...read it aloud for me, while I knit
  • 7. The smell of an old book reminds me of... Safety, peace, hours spent in another world...
  • 8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be...Probably Menolly from the Pern series, to bad she doesn't have a dragon..
  • 9. The most overestimated book of all times is...The Catcher in the Rye, why bother banning it when I couldn't even get through a quarter of it?
  • 10. I hate it when a book...is boring, doesn't engage me

Now for the tagging.... how about anyone who wants to ?

No comments: