Sunday, October 7, 2007

Got Money?

I'm done with the Greensburg afghan, hooray! No pictures of course, booo! I don't like being unable to document my FOs! We need to stumble upon some money somewhere! Laura has made a list of where the squares are in the seaming process and packets(squares, seaming yarn) that need to be adopted here. The main post about it is here. You do want to adopt one, right? They are really cute! And it is not really seaming since all you have to do is whip stitch them together, it goes pretty quick. She will be adding more packets as she gets them sorted so check back!

It seems like I can go ages without really wanting anything, then all of a sudden I want everything all at once. The camera is a given, I've already told you about the dpn shortage over here. I ordered the Harmony's on Sat by the way, can't wait to see them! I need a haircut, which I really could go ahead and get, but getting some red highlights sound like fun right now too. And I want a purse, a purse with pockets even! Looking around for a purse I am astounded again by their prices, course I'm cheap about purses, I don't think I've spent more than $30 for a purse in my life. I've looked around on Etsy and really like the style of this shop's purses, but the fabrics are too loud for my tastes, but I could probably ask for one in denim. Her prices aren't too bad either. I also like this style, but would not pay that much for it. I could make that without too much work.

But what will cost the most is a Yarn Hop the shops in central Kansas are putting on. I plan on catching a ride with Ann and Marlene from Yarns knit night. From north to south the shops are:

1. The Yarn Peddler
Minneapolis

2. The Shivering Sheep
Abilene

3. Yarns: Sold and Told
Salina
(my home away from home)

4. Laura May's Cottage
Lindsborg
785.227.3948

5. Yarn
Hutchinson

6. The Newton Beadery
Newton
316.283.9199

7. Heritage Hut
Wichita
316.682.4082

8. Twist
Wichita

More than I realized there was! The yarn hop is November 9, 10, 11. Besides special surprises at each shop, if you go to every shop you will be entered to win a big basket of goodies.
I was going to just scan in the flyer they gave me, but we have changed computers since the last time I scanned anything in and now I don't know how to work it. It will have to wait until Techpriest is unbusy.

Hey, did you realize Kansas has a fiber mill? Me either.

I'm trying to figure how to link to a button, not having much luck. The example over on the right I can get to work, but when I cut and paste my info in to the code it just doesn't work. This will be the first thing I will have Techpriest work on when he gets unbusy. Until him or I get it figured out I'm gonna leave the ugly example button up on the right. Maybe I'll get tried of looking at it and it will force me to have another go.

I think that is all I have to say, seems like I always forget something....

1 comment:

Dana said...

To answer your question, no, haven't got money! LOL I went to the Montpelier Fiber Festival and shocked myself with how little I purchased. I actually came home with cash. Looming in the back of my mind (like a planet-eating spectre) is the upcoming orthodontist consultation for my kids (yes, plural, kidS). The average cost of braces per mouth: $4500.00.

I've picked out my camera, but I haven't bought it. In a nutshell, Faren, we're on same boat in different states. ;)

Your purse selections are very nice. I had great luck several months ago at Peebles (do have them near you)? I bought a $100 bag for around $20 at their Red Dot sale. Ebay has some nice deals now and again too.