Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A parade of FOs

That's Finished Objects for all you muggles out there. And muggles, in this context, means non-knitters. I finished quite a few things here recently. Actually, I don't know that I even mentioned starting any of them.

Yarn: Koigu from this post, no I don't know the colorway, sorry!
Pattern: This great pattern from Wendy
Needles: Knitpicks metal needles in size 0
I love this yarn and I love this pattern. It was magic, it was knitter's crack I tell you. I haven't been the same since. The color is a darker than shown, actually, the color in the linked post is much closer.





Squares for Kay for Oliver's American Blanket with the leftover yarn from the socks. The top left I made stockinette with a garter stitch border, 'cause I just love the way it looks in stockinette, but I wish I hadn't bothered. It still wants to curl, and I think all she is getting is garter stitch squares. What do you think?


Eyelash scarf for Mother in Law
Yarn: 2 balls of Bernat Boa in Blue Bird
Pattern: just garter stitch till I ran out of yarn, I think it was 15 stitches across

She asked for an eyelash scarf like is in all the stores right now and I actually had this yarn in the stash from a swap on craftster. (If you haven't been there before, watch out, it is a time sucker) It wasn't the funnest knit, but I found that I had better luck if I didn't look at it while knitting, couldn't see the correct strand anyway, so touch was a better bet. It was fairly quick though.

Now, on to sewing, and maybe To Much Information for some of you.

Can you tell what this is? How about I fold it up?

I bet now you can guess. I've been using cloth pads for a couple of years now. There are many reasons to use them, environmental(disposable pads sit in landfills just like disposable diapers) , health reasons(I've read different places that say disposables are bad for you, no, I'm not looking them up for you), cost (one cloth pad costs about the same as a box of disposables, they pay for themselves before to long), plus they are quite cute don't you think? But the best reason to use them? They are so much more comfortable! Nice soft flannel instead of plastic, and no glue to somehow get stuck to you! That doesn't just happen to me does it?

Anyway, I've been working on these for a while. Doing a swap with someone on craftster for a couple of stenciled tee shirts. Hopefully she'll be ready to trade soon. I'm going to keep at least one.

One of the duckies, I think, isn't that fabric adorable? There are actually 8 here, I stacked them up.

Sock monkeys on a sock knitting bag! Finally made one after saying I could for so long, plus Ann was telling me I needed to make one. Sometimes I need that. I started and finished it in one day! Hooray! Mark the calendar!


Course, it isn't without mistakes. For some reason the chalk (I've used it before with no problem) I marked the pockets sew line with would not iron out like it is supposed to. So I tried to wash it out, still no luck. Gave up on that and tried to iron it dry....yeah, not a good idea. I never said I was an expert sewer! It scorched the fabric a little. But it is still cute and good enough for me. I need to make one for Ann though, I should ask her what fabric she would like. Star Wars maybe? ;)

I had a good day Sunday, so of course I was punished for it on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday was just awful. Didn't feel up to getting on the computer or knitting. You know it is bad when I can't knit! Just sat and stared at the TV. I know there are a few of you who might not know what I'm talking about, so if you want to hear the saga of my headache, read my first post here.

Well, we will be spending tomorrow with both our families, should be fun. Hope your Thanksgiving will be the same!

13 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh you HAVE been busy! LOVE the socks!
I think your pads are great, but what's even better is... being post menopausal and not bleeding (heh)...
Love the sock monkey bag too!

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours!

Anonymous said...

You've been a busy woman! Great FO's.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anita said...

Busy busy!! Love the sock monkey bag... I have a sock monkey stocking cap pattern that I really want to make, but it's a bit advanced for me, I just taught myself to knit last year... Maybe I'll try it this winter!

Faren said...

Marianne, yeah, that must be nice!
Anita: I taught myself to knit too! Have you been to www.knittinghelp.com?
Has some great videos there. Go ahead and try it, if it ends up making your brain hurt you can always stop and hide it in a drawer!
Thanks for the compliments and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you too!

Holly said...

That sock knitting bag is too cute! The knitting is great too, but the possibilities of the bag are already rolling.

Faren said...

Holly, do you want the measurments?
I could certainly send them to you.

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow! You've been busy!! I'm impressed with your output...

I actually really like the idea of the cloth pads. I've never thought of making them, though. Great job!

Dana said...

Gorgeous socks and the monkey bag is adorable too.

Cloth pads - - I've never heard of them until now and you're right...they do make perfect sense.

Hope your holiday was great! :)

Criquette said...

I love the color of your socks! very nice. And I agree with Marianne - as
cute as the pads are, it's much better not needing them anymore!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dana said...

Hey Faren, How are you? I just sent you an e-mail, but it came back undeliverable. Hope all is well and that your holidays were good. Dana (Clansoltan@aol.com), January 10, 2008

Dana said...

Hi there again, Like a dork, I left your e-mail address at home, so I'm doing it this way again. Your 'big appointment' is either today or tomorrow as I recall. I just wanted to wish you tons of luck! I hope the outcome is positive. XOXOX!

Anita said...

Just wondering how you are... :)